Had no energy to go out.
Plus this ongoing panic about MERS virus that is becoming more tiring than worrying.
Tried to divert my mind into other positive things to get some motivation.
But later in the afternoon, I had the sudden urge to get some felt cloth and needles at a craft store.
I got these different colored threads from a friend last year.
I hope the sizes will fit for my project.I am going to make a felt Arabian Jasmine flower also known as Jasmine Sambac.
This one of the most fragrant and sweetest flower I have known.
A tiny beauty of white petals that starts to bloom at night exudes its fragrance that last for only a day.
Along with Ylang-ylang, Jasmine essential oil is also used in the world's most expensive perfumes.
Both of these flowers grow abundantly in the Philippines, where I grew up.
I used to make necklaces with Jasmine and Ylang-ylang would be the pendant.
I had no idea these flowers are used in making expensive perfume in other countries. I only knew these plants are used as medicinal plants for skin care and treating some minor ailments. And that Jasmine is the Philippine national flower.
As a little girl, flowers were just one of my playthings. Me and playmates get along when it comes to flowers. Some flowers were made into garlands, bracelets or hair pins. Some types of red and yellow flowers that stain were used to color our nails (our moms wont let us use their nail polish). We would pound the colored flowers to get the extract for staining our nails. Our moms would be hysterical because our clothes were stained as well.
I miss those days...
when computers and smartphone were unknown to man.
When neighborhood know each other. Majority were into gardening in their spare time. My yard had fruit-bearing trees such as mangoes, guavas, bananas, graviola (guabana or guyabano) and other tropical fruit; vegetables and flowering plants. With roaming ducks and chickens for a daily supply of fresh eggs.
My childhood is always reminiscent of warm and caring people in harmony with nature.
Now, living in one of the biggest city in South Korea is an exact opposite.
Not much interaction with people as everybody is busy with their own lives and gadgets :)
I can only look at pictures of those blooms and tropical fruit in the internet.
I can't grow them here, the way they grow in my country.
And there! I got the idea of making this Arabian Jasmine project.
I can grow it from felt, will not wilt, will not fade, ha ha ha!
I hope I could get this right, as I will be making it from scratch.
No pattern or whatsoever, I am going to draw it free hand.
I would be posting updates as soon as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment